Monday, August 17, 2015

22

     Happy Birthday to me! Yesterday was my birthday and it was perfect. It was exactly what I needed; low key and chill. Shopping, laughing, eating, drinking, and more. Considering the day, I wanted to be comfortable, which explains my casual outfit. The cool thing about this outfit is that it is a timeline in a way. 
         The hat was purchased two years ago at a Goodwill in Montana. I know random, but so am I (at times). My top and jeans are recent purchases (within the last few months). Both pieces were bought with the intention of revamping my wardrobe. The thought on my mind was "I'm turning 22, I want to look like it". My bag was purchased last summer, when I needed smaller cross body bags because all of my bags were too big. Lastly, my sandals, oh my sweet sweet sandals. These babies have been with me now for not one, not two, girl not even three summers. I have had these sandals for six summers (Yes, Steve, you did that)!
         At the end the of the day though, all of these items, are just things. But it's what these things represent is why style,will always be more than just clothes for me. I have grown so much, in these two and a  half years of blogging, and I am thankful that I have this to look back on how far I have come. I am so incredibly blessed to reach the age of 22. There are too many people that don't. (#blacklivesmatter). Everyday that God decides that Dominique Jazell Ballou gets to walk the Earth, is a day to rejoice. No matter what challenges that day may bring. Ultimately, I know that I am beyond blessed just to be alive. 

     P.S. As always, don't forget to follow! Oh, and if you notice a few specs in the pictures, it started raining in the middle of the shoot.


DSC07326
DSC07328
DSC07333
DSC07339
DSC07340
DSC07346
DSC07358
DSC07359
DSC07363Top/Forever21 
Jeans/Ross
Sandals/Famous Footwear {Steve Madden}
Bag/Old Navy
Hat/Target [Thrifted]

1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday! Such great words on your post and I completely agree with them, cheers to another year!

    Love, Karina
    Check out my new video!
    TheLovelyLook

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...